Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

bump going very hard..?

Since yesterday my bump has been rather uncomfortable, he keeps going really hard n stigg, its not painful, just uncomfortable. I'm 35+3 any1 any ideas what this could b.. I've had a lovely pregnancy so far with no aches or pains...
Marie..xx

Replies

• Sounds like braxton hicks to me. I haven't noticed any this time and I am 33+2. Last time I had loads and had them from 25weeks. But i am more rested this time
  • Sounds like Braxton Hicks contractions, i've been having them for weeks and i'm 32 wk (but this is my 4th baby). It just your body practising for the really thing. If they do start to hurt, and become regular it may be labour so contact you midwife. Good luck

[Modified by: ruth204 on April 30, 2007 07:18 PM]
  • thanks girls, hurt how much? will I just 'know' when I'm in labour? I've had no show? Midwife said he's showing a week ahead of his dates..?
    Marie..x
  • Contractions don't necessarily hurt that much. They hurt more if you expect them to. Real contractions are regular. Time the gaps between them. Real contractions get stronger andcloser together. You will probably know when you are in labour. x
  • You will know, kind of low like period pains to start with, possible pain in your back too. But there should be no pain in between contractions. I never had a show with 2 of my boys , my waters have gone with each of my babies before the contractions started. Well keep us updated. Ruth
  • will do.. hoping he'll grow in there for another couple of weeks then come early..
    Marie..x