Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

homeopathy during labour

Hi everyone, my 2nd baby is due in november & I was thinking of using one of those homeopathy labour kits. I was just wondering if anyone had used one before & what they thought of them. Did they help or do you think they are a waste of time?

Replies

• Hi there, I used the yellow kit during labour and it was fantastic. I had a home birth and by chance one of the midwifes was a trained homeopath, so that was great. To be honest you need someone to read about the remedies and administer them to you as and when because you really don't want to be thinking about which remedy to take, you need to zone out and relax. Quite often during my labour my partner would just pop a tablet under my tongue and I have no idea what it was! I found homoepathy especially helpful to deal with the emotions of labour, especially when I was tearful. Get some rescue remedy too, great for putting into your drinking water. All the best of luck. xx
  • Thanks lisamarie, that was really helpful to know.I will definately be trying that this time. Could you tell me where you can purchase these labour kits?
  • Hi Hilary, I got mine from www.activebirthcentre.com. You can use the remedies before and after labour too.
  • Thanks Lisa Marie I'll look that up now x