Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone had similiar?

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone had been induced for their 1st baby and then started labour naturally with their 2nd? I was induced with my little girl and ended up having and emerg section. I would like to try a vbac this time but I'm worried about trying for a vbac after been induced as there is more risk of the original scar rupturing. I went 2 weeks overdue with my little girl before been induced.

I'm not sure if its the norm that if you have one overdue babythen any other babie will also be overdue?

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    hi greeneyes, I have only just joined and read you query. I was induced with my first, Con????n who is 17 now and was 6weeks early, and had to have a forceps delivery. My second , Tiarna who is 14 now was delivered at home at 38weeks in the blink of an eye. So, although the home birth might not be possible, please try not to worry. Each of mine were different and no matter how many you have each one is unique. My last baby [ no 8] was born 4mths ago and led us a merry dance up and down to the hospital and finally arrived in the corridor!!! So, less worry and more relaxing.
    Breige :\)
  • Options
    I Was induced with my first who is now 6 at exactly 40 weeks to the day due to pre-eclampsia and went into labour naturaly at exactly 40 weeks to the day with my daughter who is now 3 years old x
  • Options

My first i had an epidural which was a really good one & felt nothing for most of it, in fact was 9cm dialated & asleep!! but it took 2 hours to push him out & they turned it off at the end so i felt a bit then.

2nd went on my own needed nothing only gas which is wonderful if you take it properly i.e. as soon as you feel the tightening DO NOT wait for the pain as its too late then & doesnt kick in time!

3rd again induced did it again only with gas but did really want epidural but waited too long & it was too late the pain compared with uninduction (if thats a word which i'm sure its not) was far worse & no gap between contractions unless you call about 5 seconds a gap.

All i'll say is after 2 inductions & 1 natural birth, if i'm lucky enough to fall pg with no. 4 there is no way in hell i am having syntocin (sp?) again!! dont mind the gel, dont mind the breaking of the waters ( had all 3 with both inductions) but they may watch out if they come near me with that bloody drip!!

Each baby is different you just never know.
    K.