Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

1 Day overdue

Hey everyone,

I am now 1 day overdue was in hospital yesturday getting bp checked and was having contractions every 10 mins midwife told me she thought i would have the baby by this morning and when i got home contractions stopped :\( and now nothing !!!!

Anyone else had this and how long did it take you to go into labour again? I have had about 4 shows since thursday last week and was 1-2 cm dilated on thursday so thought i would be well on the way now!!!

Sorry to moan 1st baby was getting excited and now feel sad that i may have to wait another 10 days to get induced!!! :cry:

Thanks hope everyone else is well :\)

Replies

• Awe I am sorry to hear your baby is making you wait. Everyday after your due date feels like unpaid overtime. I hope that your baby comes quickly. Both my babies have come 10 days over due, without induction. Both times I felt like it went on forever, but I had really short labours. I kind of hoped it was related but that might wishful thinking. I am dreading going over again. What I did find helped was don't stay in the house. Go to the cinema, have dinner out with a friend, take really long baths, go shopping, and read a really good book. Do all the things that are going to be a challange when your babe is here. Go get a pedicure so your toes look really lovely in labour, and do all the nice things for yourself you won't have time to. Have you haad your hair done recently? The days go by quicker and you get some well earned pampering.
  • Hi Kirsty,

Hope your feeling ok!

Please don't get too down, I was 7 days late with my 2nd and I was convinced I was never going to give birth in the end...........it is a long old haul for us women isn't it and Im sure by now your getting sleepless nights and your just dam right uncomfortable.

Just think you know that in 9 days your baby will be here, just think about your induction date and try to relax before then. Get some girly dvds in and some well earned chocolate treats (i know you may feel big enough already but a treat in these last few days are needed!).

Maybe get a friend round for a decaf coffee/tea and a good chat!!

Good luck mate !!! :\)
  • Hi

I went into spontaneous labour at exactly 42 weeks. I arrived at hosp at 3pm, beating induction by 1 hour! I was only in active labour for 6.5 hours (my first child), I think once they're ready to come out they don't hang around!

Its so miserable being kept waiting but keep your chin up & know that your baby will be in your arms very soon x