Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

labour and birth with a back to back baby???

hi has anyone had a back to back labour and birth?? i have been told its going to hurt and that i will prob go over due :\(

Replies

• Options
    thats what you get for having 2 gorgeous kids image lol sorry hun xxx
  • Options
    My LO turned back to back at last minute,I won't lie to you and say that it was a walk in the park... It was painful, you also get the urge to push before your body is ready to and your contractions can become irregular. I needed a vontouse delivery with an episiotomy. They only discovered that he was back to back after I'd been in the second stages of labour for approx 8 hours, they even had me pushing... (can't believe they couldn't tell before hand, as think my labour would not have been so long) anyhow in the end I was really tired and couldn't cope with anymore, so when they wanted to put the drip up to speed the contractions up, I asked for an epidural..... Which was the best thing ever. Previous to this I'd started off in the birthing pool, with gas and air, then went onto the bed with meptid and gas and air, but after nearly 24 hours, I was pooped and the epidural was the best thing I ever did.
    Everyone is individual, I've read posts on here from women who's babies have been back to back and they've not found labour too bad.
    Fingers crossed your baby will turn for you. x

P.S My expeience has not put me off having anymore babies. X
  • Options
    my 1st was bk to bk i also had bad spd, had to have a epidural (they r gr8) wont lie it was hard n painful but worth it, it didnt put me off having another 1 as im 35 wks, gd luck hope yr baby turns 4 u x
  • Options
    My 1st baby was back 2 back. She was 4 days overdue & my labour lasted 11 hrs. At the time I didn't realise that she was in that position but did wonder why the midwife kept asking me if my back hurt! To be honest it didnt hurt anymore than any of the rest of me though that could be down to using water as a method of pain relief ( I also used gas & air) My 2nd baby is due in nov so I will be interested to see, if its in a better position, how different the labour & birth will be. Sorry I cant be of anymore help 2 you but I just wanted 2 let you know that I managed to get through it. Good luck with the birth & let us know how you get on x
  • Options
    my 1st baby was back to back and he was 3 days early, your labour may be longer as the contractions turn the baby rather than dilate you and the pain is in your back not low down in your stomach, I personally didnt think it was more painful but everyone is different, my 2nd was back to back but i spent time cleaning the floors on my hands and knees as advised by the mw and she turned, good luck. Hayley x
  • Options
    thank you for all your replys i have an appointment with the mw today so praying he has turned round!!! xx thanks lauren
  • Options
    yippie he has turned!!!!!!
  • Options
    yippie he has turned!!!!!!
  • Options
    great news!!!!!! x x
  • Options
    glad to hear your news x