Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

postpartum bleeding

hi everyone,
wasnt sure where to post this.
i gave birth to a gorgeous baby girl on the 11.03.08. after the birth i experienced a haemorage where i lost over 2litres of blood and had 2 units of blood put back in via a blood transfusion. thursday this week (9days after birth) i was rushed to hospital via a blue light with another heavy bleed. was treated in hospital for infection and let out last night.

im just wondering if anyone else has any experience with this as i am worrying it may happen again.

del xx

Replies

• Hiya Del,,,

sorry you had rough time. Its very worrying. I have had several large blood loses with this delivery but luckily only spent one night in hosp since release when she was 12 days old.
    I had this too with my 4th Charlie. I ended up in twice with him! Always due to infection too.
    Try to take it really really easy and take all anti biotics on time and finish the course.
    No one can say if it will/wont happen again but just stay positive and if you feel like losing blood get it looked at straight away.
    Best of Luck and hope you get to enjoy been a mum at home soon and have good health..
    she is lovely by the way!
    Also, I dont have to come and pinch her since I had my girl too.
    Just had tooth out as it cracked and bleeding heavily from there as I write. Great fun eh???
    d x
    look after yourself
  • hi. this happened to me after my 2nd baby. i had a severe bleed about 2 hours after i had him. then a week later in was back in the maternity unit after a big blood loss and large clots. it was also due to an infection. but was really worrying. it hasn't happened with anu of my other 4 kids. i had my 5th 9 months ago and was ok. hope you feel better soon. an dany other concerns phone your mw. take care.xxxxx
  • thanks ladies,
    MW been out to check me over today. uterus is well contracted again so fingers crossed antibiotics are doing the trick.
    my blood loss seems to be very little now....is this normal?? im worrying everything is clotting back up inside me? mw said not to worry about it but its hard not to.
    xx
  • hi. my blood losses did this. slowed up then sometimes it would be a little heavier but try not to worry and enjoy your lo. i know it's easier said than done though. and try to put your feet up as much a possible, this will help with the bleeding a well. take care.xxxx