Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Marley's birth story

I woke up at 8am with a sharp pain accross my belly thought oh that may be a contraction, i was 39 weeks. Got up to go to the toilet an my waters broke, they didnt go they just sort of trickled a little bit. knew it was my waters told my oh he decided he would go an get his hair cut!!dont think he was thinking straight or believed me!! so off he went to hairdressers i'd had no more pains an then as soon as he'd been gone for 5 minutes the pains came, oh my god!!they hurt, they stayed the same the whole way through my labour very strong!!so i decided all i could do was get in the shower, so got in the shoer after ten minutes of the contractions coming every 3 to 4 minutes i decided it wasnt good needed someone with me so rang my mum and oh's mum. when they arrived my oh had locked me in, i had to run out of the shower into the back garden to open the back gate, naked!!and houses at the back of me must of got a shock but i didnt care. By the time both my mum an his mum had arrived it was bad i said i wasnt getting out of the shower and having the baby here as every time i tried to get out tpo get dresses i was in too much pain, they timed my contractions by now they wew every 1-2 minutes, so decieded to ring an ambulance they came just as i was being sick and ah heaven gave me gas and air!!my oh was on his way back from hairdressers cos he was scared an didnt know what to he went to my mums!but enventually came to his senses an followed the ambulance. As i was walking into the labour ward my waters went a lot!!then the midwives told me they had ni beds i had to sit in a side ward and wait, well i was having none of this i just stripped off an got in a shower that was there, decided to get out couldnt lie on my back no matter what it hurt tooo much, was on my side the whole way through i was never even checked until an ten minutes before he was born, he was ready to be born about 2 hours before he actually was, they finally moved me into the delivery suite but because i felt the need to push they wheeled me in on my bed, so wasnt on a delivery bed they decided half way through pushing to make me get up an onto a different bed!so started pushing his head was there but i decided it was hurting to much so i'd give up an hope it would go away!so i got soem diamorphine its the best thing ever i loved it i was even eating toast about an hour before he was born, after about an hour with his head right there they informed me his heart rate was dropping so i had to push, i tried leaning over the bed, kneeling up in the end ended up on my back an pushed an pushed!he was born weighing 6lb 15 and all that in only 6and a half hours, quite a short labour wouldnt of like a long one! sorry about going on just wanted to get it all in!!ha ha

Replies