Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Feeling miserable .....13 days overdue ! urgggg !!

Hi Ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else is as overdue as me !! )O: :\?

We were planning a natural homebirth using Hypnobirthing & everything has been "ready" for babies arrival since 37 weeks..... the Birth pool is all blown up ready to go ..............but the option of the homebirth seems to be slipping away from me now & we are scheduled to go into hospital to be induced at 7pm tomorrow night ...(42 weeks) I am so upset now that I am sure it's not helping things at all !

We have tried EVERYTHING to get this baby moving but it's doesn't seem interested in coming out at all !! (maybe it's just too cold !!)

I have had the midwives come & do 2 sweeps now ! not a pleasant experience I must say :cry:

Anyone have any suggestions of how to cope with going to hospital when you have had your'e mind programmed for a Homebirth !! I just HATE hospitals and now I am starting to panic ........

Sorry for my mad rant ..but I can't sleep !! :\(

Replies

• my l/o came on day 13. iwas planning a home water birth and i was making myself ill worring about going to hospital and being induced so i refused to go in, so on day 13 i went in to get monitored and scanned. after an arguement with the doc and her telling me all the dangers they agreed 2 more days and we would reasses then. my midwife had also called i favour an it was agreed that if i had to go in because i was2-3cm i could just have waters broken and they would allow me to labour in the low risk dept and have a water birth, it normally a big no no but as iwas refussing everything else and my midwife knew i would labour well as i did last time. anyway she came on day 13 i had a fab home water birth. she was covered in vernix which normally means there early. there was no way my dates were wrong and she weight 8lb10.5 she just needed the extra time. if you dont want to go in stick to ur guns and find if you can make a compramise. i think it was the sweeps that worked if i were you i would have another today even if it doesnt work it would make inductionh easier. good luck
  • Im 2 dya sover and feeling down I can't imagine how you must feel. Keep your chin up. :\)
  • Hi i'm hoping for a homebirth due on 27th. Praying thatI don't go overdue as in my area they seem to only let you go over by a week!goodluck chellynel hope everything goes well.
  • i was 8 days over and that was getting me down!!! we went for mcd's breakfast that morning and came back over a particular bumpy road. what else??? warm baths, sex, hot curry, pineapple although i gather you need loads! are you drinking rasberry leaf tea?? i did from about 38 weeks, although as i say i was 8 days over so not a good advert!! good luck
  • what happened chellynel? !!! cant wait to hear!!