Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Baby Cara is here 4 wks early

Hi everyone

Baby Cara was born on 27 July 2007 at 6.33pm weighing 5lb 7oz. 4 weeks early.

I was induced at 36 weeks following my waters breaking at 34 weeks. The Induction of labour was hell!! but Labour and birth itself fantastic only lasted 7 hours from ARM.I

I had a wonderful epidural as soon as my waters were broken as the prostaglandin tabs had caused vaginal irritation and contractions that didnt go anywhere. I was given a tens machine and 2 temazepam tabs and told to go to sleep, Ive never felt so alone in all my life as my OH was sent home at 9pm and as I wasnt in established labour was not allowed back till 11am the next day!. When I was finaly taken to labour suit next morning my midwife was wonderful and after the epidural we sat and chatted and watched telly it was weird watching the monitor and seeing the contractions but having no pain. Baby Cara was born after 3 contractions but was a bit blue and not very responsive so paediatricians were called and she was given oxygen and put under a heat lamp. After a very scary 15mins I was given her to cuddle and thankfully she is absolutely fine. Worth every minute of the pain which you do forget afterwards!

Replies