Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Homebirth - what if I go into labour a bit early??

When I found out i was pregnant I thought the baby would be due at begining of November but when I had my scan they said the 15th. I'm due to have a homebirth but my twins were born 2 weeks early, does anyone know if I will still be able to hae one if this baby is a little early?

Replies

• Options
    u can have home birth after 37wk hun so as long as its not before that u will be ok. xx
  • Options
    Hello twinsmum, I had a homebirth planned with my youngest but she came at 36 weeks so unfortunately had to have her in hospital.

They do say as long as you are over 37 weeks you ca have the homebirth but any earlier has to be hospital.

Hope this helps xx
  • Options
    i don't know if it's different in different places but my mw said last wk that it is from 38wks for home birth but if you read my post in the pregnancy forum you will understand that she could have just been being snotty with me cos i always thought it was 37wks too!!! xx
  • Options
    i was told it was 37 weeks