Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Jodie Rae is here

Baby Joe Rae was born on 1st May at 11.56am weighing 7lb 12ozs

I had a previous c section so was told that i would have another one if baby went over due. Was booked in for c section 1st may and had a show on 30april so was wondering if it would be a natural birth or c section!

Baby decided to be lazy! went in hospital at 7am was met by the surgeon and anthestitics (sp) and then had to wait was told i was second on the list and should be back on ward by late morning. They cam to get us at 11.15 and we went down to the theatre as i was having a spinal i went and before i could kiss oh goodbye the door was closed and he was ushered away... got a bit upset as it was a long time coming then all a bit of a rush! Was worried about the spinal injection but the needle in my hand for the drip was more painful!

When the spinal was in they let my oh in, apart from the silly hat which made me laugh oh looked seriously hot in those blue surgeon scrubs! was telling him he should take a picture but he thought i was only kidding so didn't!

Baby Jodie was born at 11.56 we didn't know what we were having but i was convinced it was a boy so when they said its a girl i was shocked and couldn't take it all in. She cried straight away and her apgar tests were 9 and 10 within a minute. They took some lovely photos of her in the weighing scales and in my oh's arms.

Stitching up took a long time and was quite painful at times ... found out that surgeon removed a large cyst from ovary which was what was causing me the pain so have to wait to here if all ok

Came home on 3rd may and baby is beautiful so placid and contented and she seems to have fitted right in!

Sorry if a bit of a long story! hope everyones experience is good

Jen and Jodie xxximage:lol:image;\)

Replies

• Great news hun....I was wondering if your little one was going to be natural or c-sec as you had mentioned it before...Jodie is a gorgeous name, and congratulations xxxx
  • Oh well done and welcome little Jodie. xxx
  • Wow, big congratulations on the birth of ur daughter, think im gona be in the same position as u, where i will be having a section if a go over my due date so lets hope this lil rascal arrives on time. Kerry (31+6) xxx
  • congratulations on your baby girl. Great she's so placid, hopefully will help your stitches heal quicker.
    Em x
  • thanks girls

Jen xx
  • Congrats and i love Rae ad a two barrell name, if i was going to have a girl she was going to be called Ellie- Rae, but...i didnt! lol x
  • Congratulations hun enjoy her im enjoying my little girl who was born on the 5th take care Sophie, Ashleigh and Teigan xx

http://b1.lilypie.com/TYxYp1/.png

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/15/1549/154908.png

[Modified by: sbradley1985 on May 11, 2008 04:06 PM]