Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Early labour?

Wondered if anyone had any advice...i'm 39+6 and attended daycare on Thursday due to bp being monitored and all seemed well although the midwife pointed out that the monitor was picking up irregular conractions and said she thought i was in the early stages of labour. The 'contractions' she was referring to- i've been having for about a week now and thought they were braxon hicks. Anyway i was sent home and advised that something will probably happen over the wkend and it's sat now and things are no different. This is my 3rd pregnancy and it's very different from previous ones which is adding to my confusion, if anyone has experienced anything like this i would be grateful of advice as between my increasing hormones, anxiety about the birth and frustration i think i'm cracking up!!!

Replies

• Oh Hun i too was in this type of situation... I had pre-eclampsia and was in and out of hospital from 36 weeks...
    When I was put on the CTG machine to monitor baby all the midwifes said that the tightenings that i was experiencing were real strong and strong enough to be proper contractions...
    This went on for 2 weeks with people say ooh its shouldnt be long until the real thing.... I gave birth 2 weeks later at 38 weeks...

Just take things how they come hun.... dont worry
  • Hi
    I have been having tightenings now for over a week and the same as you I had to attend hospital and the monitor was picking them up but I have been told its just my body getting toned and ready for the real thing and moving the baby into position. I wish the real thing would start soon though! Good luck.
    xxxxx
    40+5