Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

labour soon?

Hi, can anyone explain to me the signs of labour I have had a couple of what I think, might be shows. My bump has deopped alot and getting a dragging feeling in my groin. Also a bad upset tummy? Could this be it I am 38w 2days? But was told at the hospital I was a risk of prem labour from around 28 weeks, so done well to hold on.

Any help reassurance would be greatly received this is my first pregnancy.

Cheers Kelly :\?

Replies

• sounds to me like things are moving along nicely!! if not time now your body sounds like its certianly getting ready, good luck hope all goes well xx ps if your worried pop into your maternity unit or phone up, theyre there to help, even just to put your mind at ease xx
  • Thanks, may just do that. Just don't want to turn into a nightmare caller at the maternity unit. My midwife is useless you can only call for advice between 8.9, and half the time they don't answer.
    Thanks again good luck to you too xx
  • hi i have been feeling like this for a week or so after think had show last tue. been awake all night with period pains and Brax Hicks but i feel ok now im up!!! have 10 days to go so hopefully things are moving along for me an baby!!! xxx
  • Lets hope so, I am getting fed up with the waiting now, and thinking could this be it, I just want to meet my baby. Officially I have 13 days to go but who knows knowing my luck I will go past my due date. Godd luck and keep us posted xx