Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

experiences of the RVI, Newcastle? (also in Pregnancy)

hi,

Just wondered if ayone has had their baby in the RVI in Newcastle? How did you find it?

Also, for a number of reasons I have decided to bottle feed my baby. Do I need to pack bottles etc in my hospital bag or do they provide formula milk while you are in there??

thanks x

Replies

• Hi, I had my baby at the RVI in January and had a very positive experience. I was actually going for a home birth but was racing along and in lots of intense pain so was taken in bythe paramedics. I had a straightforward birth though with only one midwife and no need for medical intervention but my midwife and the other staff were all lovely and reassuring I relaxed quickly once I got there.

I can't answer about the formula feeding though as I breast fed initially and we went home the same evening. If you have any questions about the RVI I am happy to answer. Also if you look in my topics you should be able to see my birth story.

Good luck xx
  • i replied on your other topic in preg hun, just saw this on main page and wanted to say missusbee i had a jan baby there too, it's a small world eh lol
  • thank you for your replies ladies x
  • Hi Becks01

I'm having my baby at the RVI (in June if all goes to plan!) so glad to read all the positive experiences.

With regard to formula feeding, I've been on a tour and a couple of workshops there recently, and we asked the questions about bringing bottles and formula milk. The answer is no, you don't need to take anything as they will provide you with everything you need!!

Hopefully that helps

xxx
  • thank you for that happypants - and I hope all goes well for you in June! xx