Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Acupuncture....

Hello ladies, I posted this on the pregnancy forum but got no replies, I suppse it's a bit specific! Any stories appreciated.

....just wondered if any of you have had it to induce labour or have heard of it working on anyone else? The lady who does mine is fantastic and used to be a MW and she reckons it should work either the 1st time at 38wk or 2nd time at 39wk for me. Cheers girls, Clair xx.

Replies

• i have been having acupuncture for pain relife during my pregnancy due to spd i have found it really helpful for that, i have spoken to people who had it to induce labour and it worked really well. let me know how you got on cos, im also looking at ways of inducement as my consultant wants to induce me early because of the spd. good luck

[Modified by: SarahDee on March 13, 2007 03:14 PM]
  • Ooh I'm excited now! A woman who worked at the complementary health centre said it worked for 3 out of 4 of the women there, the only one it didn't work for ended up having a c section cos the baby just wouldn't budge. It worked brilliantly for my migraines but didn't do much for morning sickness.

Have you seen the old post on pregnancy forum that gives a good list of induction methods? When will u be induced, how many weeks are u now? Mine's this tuesday so i'll let u know how it goes. Also came across this which seems good

http://acupuncture.rhizome.net.nz/acupressure/Acupressure.pdf

Hope the spd isn't too bad.
  • Hiya Clair, how did the acupuncture go today?? keep us posted won't you....if it works I might have a go myself!!! xxxx
  • Well it's done something, it's 2:40 am and I'm sitting on a birthing ball eating toast and twiddling my nips image desperately trying to gt these bloody contractions regular :roll:
    Acupuncture is normally relaxing but this ws really intense. Had a bath and a few twinges, went to bed at 10 and woke at midnight with strongish but pretty irregular contractions. Just had to come downstairs cos I can't sleep and making hubby flap like a headless chicken everytime I so much as breathe!
    Hope things speed up soon.....