Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help...

Hi,
My waters broke yesterday, and I went after i phoned saying i wasfeeling faint contractions. When i got to the hospital they said i wasn't dialating i was contracting but not enough to be worried about and to go home. Im now only feeling very faint and have all day, and im still not dialating.
I know that problems can come if you have had your waters brake and you don't start labour. Im 35weeks. and im worried stiff! can any one tell me what to do or if there is any way of making yourself dialate?

Replies

• hi.. if you're worried then I'd ring up the labur ward again and speak to the midwife there... hope she can give you some advise. x
  • i'd get walking if i were you! if you cant get outside then a few laps up and down the stairs might get you going. I'm suprised they've let you go home as you're only 35 weeks.
  • I thought the same as you jo.b about waters untill mine broke and they sent me home told me to bath and do all the things I thought you werent suppossed to....a freind of mine waters broke when she was 32 weeks and they let her continue the whole prgnancy untill she was full term- they did moniter her a bit more regularly but I couldnt believe she was left for weeks as labour didnt start and baby wasnt distressed....
  • Phone the hospital or midwife just to put your mind at rest and see what they say this time, tell them that you are worried. Good luck
  • Thank you!
    I phoned my midwife, and she told me to come in today. So i did saw the consultant that was on the ward as mine is on holiday. They've given me the steroids just to make sure his lungs are ok and they are monitoring me very closely with 3blood tests a week. They expect him in the next two weeks. Otherwise they have said they will intervene with a syntocin drip to start labour.

Thank you for all your comments! I'm glad i did keep pursuing and pushing things looks like baby will be fine now and out sooner than expected :\)
  • Good luck hun, hope that it all goes weel. bad luck about the blood tests, i tell you, if i had known how many blood tests i would need during this pregnancy, i would've rethought the whole thing - only joking! but i really hate needles! going for last blood test next week - yuk!