Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Returning to work :-(

I don't actually have to return to work until April 2008, but I am already worrying to death about it, I just do NOT want to leave my little girl. My step mum & mother in law have offered to help out but I am starting to feel resentful, which I know is silly. My working hours are 55 hours per week & I need to return for the money but I don't want to miss a minute & have her be bought up by someone else. Anyone else feel this way???

Replies

• I havent had this baby yet (no3) and am worried about it all ready! It's normal for you to want to be with your baby and be anxious about leaving her to someone else.

Maybe you could consider going back for shorter hours until you feel more relaxed about leaving her. ALso, bear in mind that if its your mum/mil then atleast you have peace of mind that your baby is with family and not with 'strangers'.

Try to relax just now and enjoy her and think about it in few months.
    xxx
  • Could you not look for something else I got myself a job on a weekend so oh could look after lo I get all week with her too and cause it a weekend I get double pay so dont actually lose out that much money wise