Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

any tips to start labour

are there ne tips to start labour??? 20 days till im due but im massive and scared im gna av a biiiiigggg baby! and i know baba bump will come when bab bump is ready!! just wont some tips!!xx:\):\);\)

Replies

• I've got 19 days left and know how you feel! Are you doing all the usual stuff, raspberry leaf tea or tabs, pineapple, spicy food, sex (?!)?
    With my first I was on my feet a lot the day before I went into labour - buying books for my school even though I was on mat leave! He came 17 days early! With my 2nd, hubby decided a nice walk in the country would be good...we got attacked by a swarm of freak flies (beg of Oct) and had to end up running/waddling back to the car! He came the day after 6 days early!
    If you have the energy, walks/being on your feet did it for me. No marathons tho!! I obviously don't have the energy or I wouldn't be sat on the net!
    Good luck for an earlier delivery!
  • have you tried some reflexology sessions? they can start labour, might be in first session or might take couple of sessions... I know it can be expensive but it will also help you to relax.... x
  • I was very active the day i went into labour both times,the last time i was out washing the car and hefting buckets of water up/down 2 flights of stairs!! Im only 16 wks the now so got a while yet!? Good luck x
  • 21 days to go - I am in the same boat - hoping it will come early - it sure would be nice to have it all over and done with before Christmas!! I have been drinking raspberry leaf tea and had a little bit of pieapple but apparently you need lots of this... and the other (oo err)... not yet! Does anyone really feel like it when they are the size of a moo cow?? Can't believe how big I am now!

I am getting the nesting thing going on though and keeping busy getting everything ready.

When does the show happen? Is it always the first thing to signal that the birth is imminent?

xx
  • 17 days to go. Im taking raspberry leaf tabs, spicy food and yoga. I no what you mean about the other, its the last thing i want at the moment i feel like a big round weeble!!!image
  • i have 12 days to go, and i feel like im getting smaller :\(

i have the raspberry tea twice a day and i have just brought a fresh pineapple, i do find that when i walk the dog on long walks i get pains down below - as for the other i dont fancy it either - just menationed it to oh - and he pulled a face - charming when you dont feel very attractive as it is.......

Also ive noticed she is'nt moving as much - ive been told that they are stoaring all there energy for the labour - i dont know weather to be worried or not as she is moving ???
  • i wonder y some men find the 'S' word such a turn on and some a right turn off???

iv tried lots and theres not many places to go for walks in newcastle except shopping but i dont wanna go by my self and i have carpal tunnel syndrome and id be tempted to buy things LoL!!!

my bump is huge i will change my pic on ere and it is my first....

i feel the same i want everything to be ready i am such a organised person ... i need to have everything in place lol not that i have but i think i just need baba bump out now!!!

my baba bump isnt moving as much n had a masi stitch bout 5mins ago!! midwife said im 4/5 well the babies head enaged... asked what that ment but i didnt understand .. infact was a dr ( they like to se you at the gp at least once!! )

Hope everyone is well and so are baba bumps xxxx
  • Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! Neither can they get out of bed or off settee without a hoist! Bring on this baby!!!