Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

hospital bag

hi all

my 1st baby is due in September and im needing some advice on what to pack in my hospital bag? help! :\)

Replies

• dont forget moisturiser and lip balm. Also a camera and some drinks/snacks, labour nightshirt or long t-shirt, breast pads, maternity pads, cheap underware (so you can just throw away). Then just pack as if you were going away for a weekend i.e. clothes, shampoo, towel etc. For baby, take 1 pack newborn nappies, cotton wool, 3 x body suits & 3 x sleepsuits.
  • Fan and a flannel as its super hot in the hospital so the babies can be kept warm. its horrid!x
  • make sure you pack socks. i was in hospital for 3 nights as dd was prem and spending 3 days and nights going back and fore scbu in slippers meant really smelly feet. wish id had some socks.

dark coloured pjs and towels for obvious reasons. plenty of dark knickers too
  • buy some cheap flip flops!!! ??3 in tesco as if you want a shower you may find it more comfy to wear them (the shower in my hospital wasnt very nice but i needed one lol!)and i also took antibacterial wipes,lots of snacks for you and your birth partner. these all came in handy for me. xxx
  • Take a magazine, ipod, cd's.
    I have bought lots of mini toileteries to save space.
    Blanket for baby to come home with, cardigan/jacket.

I got a full list off the Huggies Website x
  • Hiya! You'll need comfy nighties for you and your shower things. Pack comfy clothes for coming home in and remember you'll still be big so comfy jogging bottoms are a must. Pack some nice white or unisex babygrows for your baby with cardis and vests and socks to go with each outfit. Bibs, maternity pads for you, nursing pads and a nursing bra. Cotton wool for baby's nappy changes. You'll be absolutely fine- the hospital should give you a proper list when you do your tour beforehand. You don't have to pack the earth- your partner can always bring things in for you that you need. You'll be scared of going into labour but once you're going, you're fine- even if it's not what you were expecting. And that first day when you get all of this stuff out of your hospital bag!!! It's a total dream. Good luck, chick. you'll be great.