Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is vomiting a sign?

Hi all, it's my due date today and I just vomited for England! I didn't get any sickness during my pregnancy. I'm feeling a bit wobbly and feel that there is something wrong, but can't put my finger on it. I had a show Mon morning and have had a few runs of painless Braxton Hicks with a few dull period pains.
Did anyone vomit on the onset of labour, or am I just unlucky enough to have caught a sickness bug on my due date?

Replies

• Options
    i've never heard of sickness being a sign of labour coming sometimes diarhoria but not sickness thats not saying it isn't but don't get your hopes up in case it is a bug there are lots going round my little boy was throwing up all night........good luck and i hope it happens soon...anita xx
  • Options
    i heard this can be. also shaking, i suppose everyones signs so different who can say? bless you, hope it is, and hope all goes well and you feel better soon xx
  • Options
    Thanks for replies, have had a strange day. No more vomiting so don't think it's a bug. Shouldn't have been so smug about the lack of sickness in early pregnancy! Going to have some acupuncture this afternoon to help things along. xx
  • Options
    lol good luck, well if not a sighn it should help kickstart, i mean the whole castor oil thing is to make you sick n that isnt it? xx