Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Back Tilted Pelvis (also in Pregnancy)

Hi All,

According to my mum, both her and my younger sister have a back tilted pelvis.
i have no idea what this means, or if i have it too, have never had an internal cos im only 22 and they refuse to give me a smear even though ive asked a million times. my sister only knows about hers cos she lived in scotland and managed to get a smear.

just wondered if this affected anyone else and how it affects the pregnancy, or more precisely, the birth!

C+C
14+3

Replies

• Options
    Are you talking about a tilted pelvis or a tilted uterus? A tilted pelvis can does not need an internal to diagnose (I believe) as I think they can measure your legs! If you mean a tilted uterus that's harder to diagnose as obviously hidden from the outside world.

I have a tilted uterus! Only discovered I did at an early scan a couple of weeks ago (have had loads of smears previously but it hadn't ever been picked up). The consultant told me it really makes no difference to the pregnancy as it will gradually move into the same place as other peoples as baby grows! It's just one of those things and nothing to worry about.

My only guess is during pregnancy my insides will have more rearranging to do than some other peoples therefore it may explain the period type pains I've been getting!

E 9+3
  • Options
    I have a tilted cervix (found out during smears). They supposedly rectify themselves during pregnancy as the weight of the baby increases. I had an em c-section due to a failed induction but nobody said it was in any way because of this. x
  • Options

my pelvis is not leveled becasue of a prevous pregnancy. i am 28 weeks pregnant now and having alot of pain around the pelvis area and around my back