Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

anyone had an induced VBAC????

okay i am posting this in several rooms so i can try and get an informed response. i have been to see the obs today and he advised me that if i went overdue they would not offer me an induction just another section. now i'm not sure if i have been misinformed???!!!! he just said it would be too 'risky' to induce me?? so fighting back the tears i agreed to an elective section for 39 wks booked for 16th april. this was the only app i have been to alone and wishing i had actually took someone. i really want to go for a VBAC, and considering i had 2 vaginal births before my section they couldn't see any reason as to why i couldn't give birth naturally again.

for what reasons would they never induce? as in my orevious pregnancy i had quite a few problems and have had abdominal problems in the past, and i'm not sure if any of these play a part in it. i don't see my community midwife for another 2 weeks so can't talk things through with her just yet and this is really playing on my mind.

i'll also add that all my others have come early with 2 being born before 37 wks, and the doctor did suggest that the section will probably not be necessary as if i start by myself i can have a normal birth. every midwife i have seen has told me to expect another prem baby,

any insite would be fab, and a midwifes point of view even better, or someone who was induced after a section who has had a successful VBAC.

xxxxxx