Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Back Ache- early labour ?

Hello,

Im 36 weeks and 4 days and i am suffering with really bad back ache, however it is there all the time image
I feel sick and cant stop the bowel movements.

Is this the sign of early labour?

This is my first child and don't know what to expect !!!

Replies

• Hi hun, it could be early labour, but then again it might not! I had back ache and a bad tummy, but was two weeks overdue in the end (sorry, don't want to scare you!) The fact it's there all the time would suggest it's aches and pains of pregnancies, as the contraction pain in your back would be in waves every so often. You'll have to ask your hubby for lots of massages! Hope it eases up for you, it's not nice is it. Good luck, and let us know if things do kick off! xxx
  • awwwwwwww thanks !!! I guess i will just have to wait and see what happens lol x x
  • i am nearly 37 weeks and feel the exact same, i was wondering wats going off aswell!
    its scary knowing it could be any day x
  • Just to say don't get your hopes up too much. I have had back ache since about 38 weeks with contraction like pains and am now 10 days overdue! I am 3 cm dilated so looks like at least pain was doing something just not quite enough! Good luck!
    Sophy term +10