Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

advice needed

well my son sam was born last sunday and he had a hearing test at the hospital which he failed he had another one on thursday also failed that one e now has to go to an audiologt for more tests im so worried he has hearing problems or is deaf. his sister and aunt have hearing prblems. he does not respond to any loud noise we alrady have 5 kids and when they are being loud and when the dog joins in i dont get no reaction from my son. does anyone have any advice i cant stop worrying about this:cry::\(

Replies

• Aww im so sorry hun. I suppose the only thing u can do is wait!! Until you get definate answers try not to worry too much x
  • thanks its hard not to think about it im just hoping that it is me thinking the worst as usual
  • i think anyone in that situation would think the same and its easier for me to say dont worry to much about it, im sure its very very hard. Its hard to give words of advice when you havent been there yourself. Hopefully its nothing, fingers crossed for you
  • This happened to both my nephews (5 years apart) - they tested them every so often until they were 1 and each time said they were deaf/ hard of hearing - then just after the boys were one they decided there was nothing wrong with them at all!!!! My mum has two hearing aids at the age of 50 and both me and my sis struggle sometimes with hearing! my daughter has hearing problems - but the boys are fine! Just because there is family history does not mean it will repeat itself!

They are just cheeky little boys who don't like listening and don't like having to speak to get what they want!

It may seem like the end of the world but try to stay positive - The professionals don't always know what they are talking about and are (even though the won't admit it) wrong sometimes (more often that we realise!!!).

Enjoy your little boy and try not to worry too much!!!
  • well good news sam passed his hearing test, only just but at least i know now hes not deaf he needs another check up in a year but at least i can properly enjoy my little man now without the worry
  • My newborn is sleeping through everything, my son and niece were being so loud the other day I couldn't believe she never flinched so don't worry if he sleeping through it all, best way.