Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anybody experience bad lower back pains before labour?????

hi all,would love to hear about anyone elses early signs of labour,i woke up fine this morning but at around 9.30 am ish i started getting constant back pains and period aches and pains,has anyone else had the same or maybe know if this is a sign?i have not had any back aches or pains at all so far in this pregnancy,thanks for reading and hope to hear from you xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Claire, I'm feeling exactly the same and only have six days to go, what about u? x
  • Options
    hi well i have had alot of problems in this pregnancy shes small and they didnt expect me to get this far but im 36 weeks now and i really have had enough now lol!!
    how long have you felt like this?
  • Options
    Only the last day or so, I am also feeling lots of pressure down below like the head is pressing against my cervix. It can be very uncomfortable at times! I'm hoping that these are signs that my body is getting ready for the big day.
  • Options
    oh god i hope so hey!! i just find it really strange that ive had no back pains so far at all,what about you?
    do you know what your having a boy or a girl?im having a girl and im back at hospital wednesday to get a date for induction for either next week or the week after if she dont come before which would be nice cause im not looking forwards to having a induction i had one with my first and its really not nice,is this your first?
  • Options
    I know, I expected to have awful backache carrying this big lump around!
    This is our first baby, so we decided to have a surprise. Congratulations on having a girl! Have you got your name picked? I've heard that induction can be painful, was yours?
  • Options
    hi just wanted to say that was how my labour started, had backache before i went to bed the night before i had my little boy, good luck to you let us know how you get on.
    Em & Noah xx :\)
  • Options
    hi, with my first baby i had back ache for 2 days before i went in to labour with him, i didn't realise that it was the start of labour or maybe i was in denial at the time. he was 4 days late.
    hope this helps.xxx
  • Options
    hi all,thanks so much for letting me know your experiences im still in alot of pain with my back its been 3 days now so i hope that it could mean something but would of thought that something would of happend if it was going too by now,its such a horrid waiting game lol!! thanks all of you xx
  • Options
    Hi Claire, I've had more backache today and lower pelvic pains, a bit like really bad period cramps....how are u doing?