Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wierd....

From 5am last nite i was having period pains evry hr. Then later this morning, i had a show....and mild contractions, been too the labour ward, My MW has checked and she says im just 1'1/2 cm dilated....and no waters have broke & too go back home and call the team if the pain gets any worse....Has anyone had similar experiences? did you continue too have contractions or did it all stop and u went into labour another wk? This is my first baby...sorry for another silly question but i would love ppl too shed some light! thanxs xx

Replies

• Its quite normal

its the start. Called the latent phase 1 st labours can take a while to get going. Usually within the next day or so. You are probably back at the hospital now.

Don't worry it wont be too long now.

Good luck
  • No...im still at home...contractions seem too have gotten worse and now it seems all gone again!! i got thru too my MW finally...she said get some rest & wait a couple of hrs and it should start again the body is just preparing itself. But im too on tender hooks too get some sleep! lol
  • Oh bless you, Heres a big hugggggg You be fine

Have you tried to have a warm bath. make sure someone in house with you to help with getting out. Have you got a favourite chill out CD. play it in dim lights.

Try a smooch with your loved one. Rock your hips from side to side. This will help baby to move down and press on cervixs to get it moving and the hormones will help with the pain.

What your partner like at massage. Get them to gently drag hands down back slowly at same time either side of your spine, when they reach hips sweep hands out sidewards.
    If pain in back a little pressure on lower back can help

Labour will continue but you need to rest now. Have a light snack if you can as later you may not want to eat as it can make you sick.

You can take paracetomol normal dose. 2 x 500mg tablets every 4 hours. max 4 times in 24 hours. Make sure you tell them in hospital if you have taken any so they dont give you the same.

If you lay down lay on left side try. hot water bottle or hot lavender/wheat wrap if you got one. one back or low at public area sometimes helps.

Hope some of this is helpfull
    xxx;\)

• Hi there, Its all normal that they should send you home at this early stage. But if your waters go or you get to the point where the pain is unbearable and you can no longer cope with the pain then go straight to hospital. good luck x