Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Erm i think it may have started!!

Can anyone help?

My OH is at work at the mo and i'm 35 + 5, i went into early labor 2 weeks ago and they kept me in for 5 days, they managed to stop the contractions and gave the baby steriods to help its lungs. Since i came home i have been having braxton hicks which i can handle but since yesterday i have been having contractions and tightenings all day and night, but not strong enough to think i was in real labor until now. I had a show about 6pm and since then the bottom of my back has got all heavy and achy and i have period like pains in my tummy and the pains are getting stronger and the overwhelming urge to pee all the time.

The babys head has been fully engaged since i was in hospital but now the pains are getting stronger.
Was just wanting a bit of advice if you's guys think this is it for me and should i phone the midwife?

Let me know thanks girlies

Kat 35+5

Replies

• definately phone the midwife! how exciting! x
  • Yes I would definitely say to phone your midwife - my waters broke at 34 weeks and the next day I got feelings EXACTLY like you are describing and it was labour - definitley ring and get your oh home too! GOOD LUCK!
  • Hiya wee update, went in to get checked over and had 3 membrane sweeps over less than 24 hour period becos contractions were getting stronger.

Cervix is nice and soft but still not dialating i'm stil between 1 &2 cms grrrrrrrrr

But had a bit of bad news so my nerves are shattered....nothing to do with the baby but its having an effect on my contractons as they are getting stronger and longer so i wouldnt be surprised if it happens within the next few days

I'll you's informed

Thanks for the comments

Kat xxx
  • All the best luck in the world, would have thought that baby will have arrived by now so congrats xx