Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Not long to go now

I was wonfdering if there is anyone enlse who has not got that long to go now (I've got 7 weeks) but is really worried about what is going to happen to them??? This is my first baby, and you always get the horror stories and the it;s not that bad!!!!! Anyone else a bit curious????

Replies

• I've only got less than 3 weeks left & cant wait, getting fed up now. I work on a maternity unit so have seen many births, just go in with an open mind, everyone's birth is different. We all cope differently with pain i'm sure u'll be fine. When's ur due date? I have been having reflexology which is very relaxing, so see if ur maternity unit offer this.
  • hi ive got just over 5 weeks left this is my second baba im not going to give u full details of my last birth as it wasnt a very good one but everyones is different your better off not worrying as it wont make a difference you cant stop it happening lol although we would like to think we can just go with your body it will get you through it and once you see baba you really do get over it it is really worth it good luck and stop worrying Sophie 34+5 xx
    http://b2.lilypie.com/rAlX0/.png

http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev119pp___.png

• Iv got ages left yet (nearly 26wks) but i remember feeling exactly the same as u with my first baby. Obviously u have no idea wat to expert but people seem to make it their mission to scare the life out of u with their horror stories. My advise is dnt listen to anything coz each birth is different and people deal with things in different ways. I have a really low pain threshold i was deading the labour but wen it actually happened i coped really well and wud gladly do it all over agen. Kerry xxx
    http://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev183pf___.png

• Hi, I have just one week left to go and am getting a bit anxious to be honest. Got all the tingly feelings in my hands and feet. I just want to go into labour now cos im just building myself up with everyone elses version of events. Im also huge and have terrible swelling. I am keen to kick start the wieght loss and be able to sleep on my belly again. Being able to get out and about without your belly dropping really low and killing your pelvis would also be nice image)

sorry...i whinged a bit then!
  • Hi,
    Iv got just over 4 weeks left, this is my first baby, I can honestly say I am n ot scared, just sooo excited. The way i see it is that hundreds of years ago they use to do it with no hospitals and no drugs and use to do it loads, so cant be that bad. The thing Im worried about is knowing when it starts, I had what the mw told me sounds like a show over a wk ago and have been woken up a number of times during the night with braxton hicks that r quite strong and i just worry that im gunna pass the real thing off as braxton hicks.
    No matter how painfull it may be just think there will be a little baby at the end, its gotta b worth it.
  • i have about two weeks left and i have been told that it realy hurts but i try not to think about giveing birth xxx
  • I've got a wk left now and although i am feelin a little anxious abt the labour, i just keep thinkin abt the end result and how it will be worth it! xx
  • I've got just under 4 weeks left and am quite scared! It's my second one but had c section last time so do not what to expect as having a natural birth this time plus my daughter (12) thinks its great to say how much its gonna hurt!
    Hope i am worrying over nothing and will sail through!

Jen x
  • im totally petrified!!! its my first and i have 46 days and counting left!!!!