Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

MY BIRTH STORY- IT WILL PUT YOUR MINDS AT REST LADIES x

There are probably loads of you sat there worrying and thinking allsorts whilst your still pregnant expecting your first child- i was exactly the same! Fact is no-one can reassure you till you get that baby out, but i'm hoping this will ease your fears a little bit!
I was in labour 2 and half days, contractions were all over the place- at one point i started to wonder if it was even labour as i didnt know what to expect! :-P On the Thursday morning in the early hours it was really intense and they came every 4mins so off we trekked to hospital! Guess what- only 1cm dilated and nowhere near where i needed to be. Disheartened we went back home and i mulled about some more in pain (more than bearable though), watched big brother on the friday night and again pain really intense so off we went. This time i was 3cm so they kept me in- thank god i was so relieved.
The midwifes were all great, can't say enough lovely things about them. 1am Saturday morning i had a shot of pethidine- what a mistake i threw up everywere and had to be given a drug to counteract. I remember being in so much pain at this point and asked for an epidural- what a godsend that was, it allowed me to sleep ready for the big push i felt much more relaxed. 6am sat morning bad news, the babies heart rate was dipping (i was on STAN machine which is a monitor on contractions and the baby) and a paediatrician had to be called. Loads of people appeared and talking about caesarean and allsorts of procedures. Admittedly i got frantic but they said they would keep a close eye and not to worry. Epidural topped up again at 10.30am, baby was stable so come 11.30 it was time to start pushing!
Excitement surged through me but god its sweaty work and god its hard- my poor baby got stuck in the birth canal. It was no nonsense from the team and within seconds my legs were in stirrups and they performed an episiotomy. The midwife grabbed my hand and guided it to the babies head which was half out- amazing feeling! A couple of pushes later and with the help of forceps my beautiful boy oliver was born weighing a whopping 9lb 2oz!! (No wonder he got stuck lol)
Its been 5weeks now and i cant get enough of him- the birth is a haze and we are both fighting fit! I had some close shaves and it did hurt but nowere near as bad as i imagined it to be!
Try not to think about it too much get on with your days and before you know it ladies you will be sat were i am now- whatever happens with your birth it will be more than worth it trust me, its really not that bad!!!
Love Tammy and Oliver xxx

Ps) Its true what they say about lack of sleep in pregnancy being mother natures way of telling you to expect sleepless nights lol xx

Replies

• Options
    Congratulations, you did really well. He was only an oz heavier than mine xx
  • Options
    What a lovely birth story, it is so nice to hear when a new mummy is positive about the whole thing. It really does give hope and de-stress the likes of me who are just sitting here waiting for it all to happen!!

Well done
    riches 39 + 2 1st timer and starting to panic alittle!!!!!