Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Signs?

Hi,

My due date is 2 weeks today with my second baby, You'd think I'd know the signs however with my daughter my waters broke, I started contracting and whilst on the toilet clearing my system had a show all in the space of 2 hours so it was all very sudden! SHe was born the day after my due date. My mum had me and my 2 brothers all early.

THe babies head started to engage from what I can tell sometime last week maybe the week before and last weekend I had a lot of pressure in my bottom and on my cervix, I had awful bachache, I felt much better on Monday however over the past few days I have been feeling sick had quite loose bowels with on off backache. I've also suddenly become very tired and am very hot. No show yet and a few tightenings that are quite uncomfortable but no pain and only a few a day. Its difficult to tell sometimes as the little on streches into some really awkward positions that make my tummy go rock hard. My Midwife said on wednesday the baby was in the perfect position and head was well down, though she didn't specify how far and its not in my notes, she looked a bit surprised when she was feeling it.

Would you say its my body gearing up for labour or is it a sign that things may happen soon?

Replies

• Hiya, I'm 2 weeks due today as well.

With my other two boys I had a show the night with one and the other a few hours before and was sick with DS1 and bowels started to clear too with both, also had what felt like I'd eaten something funny / upset tum and dull period pains. Only had a trickle of my waters when on the loo.
    DS1 took 21 hours
    DS2 took only 2 and half hours
    so wondering if my 3rd I'll get there in time or be out for a long duration as heard mixed reports from peeps with 3 kiddywinks.

My baby's head is down and at the brim but not engaged. Your backache sounds like a sign and feeling sick and bowels so yes, maybe its the start for you.

Fingers crossed - wish mine would start as getting impatient now even though 2 weeks away. By the way my other two were 9 days early, so on alert from next weds....

chelle
    38 weeks today with pinkbump
  • hi Karina and Chellebell,
    i'm due on 3rd July so near to you both although this is my first. Today i have been feeling really restless and haven't been able to keep much food down which is a change as for the past week i haven't been able to stop eating. I did eat a whole pineapple yesterday in the hope that this might bring something on but other than a few extra wriggles during the night nothing else seems to be happening. I have been to the loo a couple of times today but I was wondering if you think that this may be the very beginning of something or is it just wishful thinking and the after effects of too much fruit!!!

i haven't really had any back pains or aches as such although i was aching this morning but i have a fairly huge bump. At my last mw appointment the head was 3/5 engaged and i have been told that the baby might be quite big with my bump measurement being a week bigger than on the scale.

i know that my mam had my sister 10 days early and i was 4 days early so fingers crossed although would this necessarily mean that i might also have mine early?