Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

39+1 weeks pregnant !!!labour pains!!!

i woke up this morning with really bad pains in my lower tummy to the extent that i couldn't move but i only get these pains when im lying down. anyone have any ideas on if its the start of labour or something else?

Replies

• Options
    Hi Nikki, i would doubt they are labour pains if they are only when you lye down. I have been told if you get pains change what your doing and if they go away they arent real contractions. If you are worried though i would ring your MW.
    Also Labour and birth forum is always a bit quiet. Why dont you try pregnancy or due in June? Everyone is very nice on here, good luck xxx

Lindsay 39 weeks today
  • Options
    Oh you are going to hate me, but it doesn't sound like it hunny. I drove myself mad from 37 weeks onwards worrying about various pains and twinges (every time I tought "oh, is this it?" and it never was - in the end it was my waters breaking that was the first sign).

What I would suggest is that you ignore all the pains unless you notice that they start coming regularly, or that they are so painful that it stops you holding a conversation at the same time.

Don't worry - you will know when it is the real thing.

The chances are the pains you are feeling are just getting your baby into a good position, and getting your body ready for labour - they are all positive signs that labour isn't far off. So not long to go and you will be holding your LO before you know it.

Good luck.

Nikki and Abby (5 weeks)