Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Shooting pains and hardness at 40+3...advice..please..???

Hi all, I'm 40+3 and for the last three hours I've had shooting pains at the bottom of my tummy, makes me stop n take a breath, I've had them a few times before but they feel really uncomfortable and I've got tightness with them? nothing frequent tho just every now n then..I dont want to worry my hubby or midwife, is it just braxton hicks? Can anyone please advise me?
kind regards
Marie..xx

Replies

• Hi Marie

Just wanted to say I hope you are ok and maybe baby may be here soon hopefully LOL !!

The pains could well be a sign that something is happening. Best of luck
    xxx Mel xx
  • i had some shooting pains for weeks before i had my baby, it used to make me stop and sometimes had to sit down as would take my breathe! it was just baby snuggling down i think, hey if you are worried or concerned you should speak to your mw thats what they are there for!!
  • I'm 40+1 and I've been getting a lot of stabbing pains - mainly feels like the baby is jabbing me on the cervix! so yeah I agree with chloe, I think it's the baby moving down and pressing on things that will soon be opening up for delivery! how exciting!
  • i had shap pains last night as if the baby was moving down they only went away when i took co.codamol and went to bed if they come back tonight does this mean labour will start soon. the pains i had did hurt and were comming and going when i tried to get up they hurt even more. i have felt fine this morning but just wondering if anyone will know how long roughly i might have or if i am just experiancing braxton hicks only stronger.

any advice please

[Modified by: sophie2009 on May 20, 2009 12:47 PM]

• can any one help me out with my question as i am worried as this is my first baby and i have already gone into hospital 2 but they were just flase alarms
  • hello im due this sunday the 24th and my stomache as been tightening n it feels like the baby is moving around in my lower belly and ( lower, virgina) iv been feeling sum pains hard to describe but my belly is really tight n pain in my side by my back, is this the start of labour or not yet? this is my 1st time being pregnant so i dnt really know. please can u help
  • ive been experiencing the same i was due on 17th may and have been having pains here and there some days i dont have any but feel tired and a bit sick. good luck with the birth.
    does any one know if labour will start soon for me as i am fed up with waiting waking up evrey morning thinking it will be today only to be let down. i have tried evreything walking,intercourse,hot baths any other advice????