Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Arrival of.....

This labour was the quickest yet (compared to my other 2)... went shopping on thursday morning (13th Dec) ... I felt I need to buy some storage chests and some shelving (as you do)... also felt that I had to get it all sorted - at this point it had crossed my mind that this might be a sign that I was nesting... anyway after making up the shelving unit I had my first twinge at about 4 in the afternoon... by 8 they were regular contractions but I convinced myself that nothing was going to happen til the following evening... (like it had been in my other two labours)....

At 11:30pm hubby told me to call my sister to come and look after my 2 year old... we left home at midnight and managed to get to the hospital about 35 min later... at this point I still thought it was going to be a wasted trip - my contractions were getting stronger but not closer together - ... signed in at the hospital and after a lot of puffing on some gas and air (which I was offered at about 2) and having my waters broken at about 3, our not so little boy was born at 3:36am exactly one week early weighing in at 8lb 15oz.... Thankfully I didn't need any stitches - which the midwife put down to me listenning when to push and when to pant.

Unfortunately, just as it had done with my daughter I had a retained placenta.... I was just about to be taken to theatre an hour and 40 mins later when they managed to deliver a very large placenta (my midwife said she had never seen such a long cord and then to have such a huge placenta aswell - she was shocked!!) using a new technique - which they were all talking about on the ward (didn't seem that interesting to me!!)

Anyway... thankfully as I said before I didn't need any stiches and I was let out of hospital on saturday afternoon.... :\)

I am now completely knackered as lo (still no name) likes to be up all night - and I mean all night! :\(

Em x

[Modified by: Emalenna on 19 December 2007 20:01:35 ]

Replies