Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

baby George Samuel arrived safely

Hi,
Baby George Samuel arrived safely after an emergency c-section on 6th April. I started in labour on the 5th after going for a long walk. I waited at home until my contractions were every 5 minutes, then rung my local labour ward who told me to go in to be examined. When i got there I was only 1cm. They told me I had to stay and be monitored due to having a previous c-section. I was transfered 5 hours later to an antenatal room and offered pethadine, which I refused. Then 6 hours later I was put on the monitor and they realised that when I had a strong contraction, they lost baby's heartbeat. I was taken down to labour ward where they told me I had to have another c-section. I was told my only choice was to either be awake or asleep. I had a spinal and was then taken to have the c-section. George was born safely he had his cord wrapped around his neck once and they think he had hold of it and was squeezing it when I had a big contraction. He weighed 8lb 2oz. He is a beutiful baby and his big brother adores him. We are all doing well. We were out of hospital on the Wednesday. He is now 19 days old and weighs 9lb 4oz . Hope everyone is doing well and that the April babies are all on their way now.

[Modified by: Sam&daniel on 25 April 2008 13:39:56 ]

Replies