Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Slow Labour

Hello i jus want a little advice i had a show early hours of thursday morning and i started having period like pains so i went to the hospital on friday as they got much worse and was told i was about 1cm dilated and go home to wait bu on saturday night the pain was much worse so we went back to the hospital where i was told not much had changed and i was 1-2cms the pains are even stronger now but longer in time and irregular bu i havn had much sleep since thursday morning what should i do go back to hospital and see whats happening ????

please help so stressed and tired

Gemma
x x x x

:cry::cry::cry:

Replies

• ,Hi Gemma. I know it's so hard being at home and in labour. It would be best to phone the labour ward for advice before you go back up there. Usually, they want you to be in established labour before they will admit you. Which means regular contractions, not too far apart. So that you are dilating. Try when you are at home, to walk about and be active as this will speed things along. If your waters havn't broken, have warm baths to relax and help with the pain. There are accupressure points, you can use to help. (Just Google it). Also. labour oils that can help. This is a mixture of oils that are ready made from a health shop. Good luck. xx