Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

tips for caring for ladybits after birth...!

hiya all

Just a thought... my sister told me this so I thought I'd tell you lot just incase you didn't know it!

I had stitches so it helped loads but it works too for normal births without too...

When you go for a wee after it usually stings, also when you wipe it will feel a bit sore so... buy a cheap plastic jug and fill it with warm water and pour it down your front bum after weeing... :\) then use a hairdryer to dry yourself.

I found this a godsend! just make sure it's not cold water as that could be quite a shock!! :\)

hope it helps someone! lol :\)

Replies

• Options
    Lavender is good to put in your bath for stitches and may help chill you out a bit as well. I was told you can wee in the bath cos urine is sterile but could never bring myself to do it tho! Agree hairdryer is a godsend, just remember to hold down the cool button!
  • Options
    lol yes must have a cool option! :\) you don't want burnt pubes on top of everything else! heeheehee!

I used lavendar in my bathes too... loads of people kept saying to use salt, but the midwives said that's very old fashioned now & it's proven to make stitches dry and shrink therefore making them tighter! ouch!! glad I kept to the lavendar. x
  • Options
    Hi Wenders,
    Hey good tips... Id never thought about that hee hee.... I dunno what my O/H will have to say about drying ladybits with a hairdryer though!!! Hee Hee...
    SWxx
  • Options
    Hi ya, i would get the o/h to dry down below for me. he he!!!

When i can no longer shave down there he is going to use hair removal cream & do it for me. I know we sound odd but im just very comfortable with him!!!
  • Options
    hi tess.. it doesn't sound odd.. my dh shaves my front bum and legs cause it's so hard to bend over now and i'm only 28 weeks! lol :\) xx
  • Options
    Hahahahahahahahahaha, i havent heard that for years! Front bum, thats so funny!

Im only 22+6 & i find it so hard painting my toe nails & i wont let any1 else touch my feet bcos i had a rta when i was 12 & my right foot has pins & plates in my ankle & i have a condition called dystonia in my toes (on my right foot caused by trauma) & it makes them bent & they look odd compared to my left & i feel ashamed ppl seeing it so i always wear socks. But to make myself feel better i have always painted my toe nails but it makes me breathless now!

Oh dear*
  • Options
    hi girls the best way to keep "front bum" neat is to go and have it waxed in a salon!!!!! i cant see "down there and havent for weeks and weeks!! 33 weeks now. i can just about mange to shave legs but thats getting very difficult now may have to enlist help of OH, but would defo advise prof waxing of ladygarden and it last for ages i am booking in a couple weeks before due!! xx
  • Options
    WAX???? are you mad?? image no thankyou...!! my front bum will stay a wax virgin forever! image

[Modified by: wenders on March 19, 2007 08:35 PM]

[Modified by: wenders on March 19, 2007 08:36 PM]
  • Options
    if you have it done enough (couple years now) it kills the nerve endings and it doesnt hurt that much and is worth it!!!!
  • Options

Post withdrawn by MFM HQ at poster’s request

• Options
    all you ladies are making the prospect of birth soooo appealing!!! xx