Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Finally she has arrived.....

Grace Rosina finally arrived on 8th January weighing 8lb 5oz.

I was due to be induced on the 8th being 12 days overdue, I was glad to wake up to a few pains at 3am on Tuesday morning and took some paracetamol. I was too excited to sleep knowing that I was finally going to meet lo soon. At 5.30 I had my first contraction which was quite painful but I still wasn't sure if this was it. Then 15 minutes later another one, then at 6am my waters went and that was when things started going. Within the next half an hour the contractions were every 5 minutes. I called the hospital and they told me to wait for an hour and call again.

Well I couldn't wait an hour because thecontractions were almost every 2minutes so I called again and went in (great just in time for rush hour traffic!!)

I got in and they linkedme up to amonitor and saw that contractions were very regular but I was only 3cm. Kept going with gas and air then at 11am was only 4cm and baby was not happy, before I knew it there was 6 doctors in the room,Ididn't reallyknow what was going on but I then was given epidural and attachedto a drip to try and speed things up.

Things continued like this all afternoon but the epidural meant that the contractions cameand went and the only sign I had was seeing them on the monitor. By 5pm still only 7cm, more doctors, more drips.. no baby.

Ended up haviing blood taken from the babies head (internally!) to check oxegen level which was ok so they would keep me going, by this time I was knackered. At 11pm the baby had passed meconium but I was still only 9cm. Another doctor came and gave me 2 options, wait an hour and try to push anyway or have a c section. He said that after pushing I could still end up with c section as they thought the baby was back to back.

I went for c section, within 20minutes I was in surgery and Grace was born. Perfectly healthy and bigger than everyone had expected.

Stayed in hospital for 3 days and amnow home withmy beautiful girl and hubby.

Sorry for the long story but it was a long day!

Love from

Becky and Grace xx

Replies