Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

rasberry leaf tea safe at 36 weeks?

hiya all some of you probley no about my horrible birth the first time around well ive just been and brought some rasberry leaf tea do any of you no if its ok to start taking them now? i just realy dont want to be induced im 36+2days gone anyone done this befoure? xx

Replies

• hiya

I started taking raspberry leaf tea at 35 weeks and was ok.... started off with one tablet then at 38 weeks went to two tablets (3 times a day)

Hope it helps and you have a better labour I ended up having a c section so don't know if they would've helped or not!

Jen xx
  • hey,

i have the tablet form ready and waiting - was told by my midwife to wait till 36 weeks to take them, start by taking 1 a day and increase gradually depending on what they say on the bottle. I posted on here before asking others advice and got lots of good comments about it helping labour!

Lisa 34+5
  • thanx lisa i would ask my midwife but shes beeof sick the 3 times ive been 2 c her so ive been seeing all these orther midwifes who just want to rush ure appontments xx
  • your welcome!
    i know what thats like! i had an appointmnet last week that took 5 mins as wasn't my usual midwife. luckily i didn't have any q's this time. also the midwife i saw was quite rough when she was checking the babies position. At my previous appointmnet my midwife was much more gentle and explained exactly how the baby was lying, where it's feet were and aways smiles when she hears the babies heartbeat! it makes a difference I think that she clearly enjoys her job
  • I think you can start taking the tea earlier than the tablets. I started with one cup a day at 32 weeks and am gradually building up the amount (I'm 35+4 at moment). Apparantly some of the tea tastes rank, but I bought mine on line from Sympathy teas and it's reall nice, it's mixed with Peppermint and ginger.
    Kerry xx
  • I think you can start taking the tea earlier than the tablets. I started with one cup a day at 32 weeks and am gradually building up the amount (I'm 35+4 at moment). Apparantly some of the tea tastes rank, but I bought mine on line from Sympathy teas and it's reall nice, it's mixed with Peppermint and ginger.
    Kerry xx
  • hi i had the tea when i was pg with my daughter on the pack i had it states to take it from 35wks and no more than 3 a day i had a easy and quick birth with my daughter so mayb it did help will be trying it again as soon as i get pg again
  • hey yes its safe to take at 36 weeks, i started taking raspberry leaf capsules at 36 weeks, great if you dont like the tea. i had my daughter 17days ago, first baby and second stage of labour was only 3hrs and was only pushing for 45 mins which im told is very quick for a first baby. and by last week my uterus had shrunk back to its normal size, so im sure that they worked for me

Donna
  • I took raspberry leaf tea and tablets and after about 2 hours of very mild contractions i decided to get out of bed and sort myself for the hospital. my waters broke and 20 minutes later there he was! my uterus also shrank back quickly. It normally says on the side of the packet when its safe to take it from but i thought it was 36 weeks too. i had a horrible first birth and he got stuck and ended up with forceps and very bad tears so hence why i was keen to avoid that situation! hope all goes well for you on your second birth....
  • Can it start labour though? image

• ive took raspberry leaf tea with motherwort in from mamas tea and it worked for me it was brill both times round! im now 35+4 days and plan to take it once hit 37 weeks!!