Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

music for labour

what music did you listen to (or planning to listen to) in labour ?
i was just wondering if anyone could give me some ideas for relaxing music to put on my ipod for the labour by relaxing music i mean james morrison eva cassidy that sort of thing. nothing lassical
thanks xxx

Replies

• i just made up my own cd to play with all my fav stuff... everything was fairly relaxed easy listening as you've suggested just make sep. playlist so you don't have to keep skipping tracks... you may get annoyed!
  • I have done a few cd's, one of heavy metal/ebm/dance music etc and also one with relaxing music... I figure I can pick and choose on the day then.

• I wanted to listen to music during labour but in the end I didn't get round to it!!
  • I had Take That's Beautiful World album on repeat for ages!.Its great mind as i love Take That!

Carrie
    xx
  • Its really hard to give ideas on music- as everyones taste is different (ohhh i'm helpful) i had things like stairway to heaven, johnny cash' version of hurt, nothing compares to you, damien rice album, britney spears- everytime, carry on my wayward son by kansas, alot of pearly jam too..... a rather random mix really! :lol:

i started listen to really heavy metal when my contractions got really intense- while i was still at home- tbh it was fantastic way to deal with the pain!!! So i waish i'd put some of that on my cds (i know for next time)

[Modified by: waterbaby on March 13, 2009 06:58 AM]

• I listened to a lot of CDS during my labour, we started off at home so that I had my whole CD collection to choose from. I found it really helpful to have something to listen to in between contractions.

But I think it's really hard to advise someone else on music as it's such a personal thing. If i were you I'd make up a couple of CDs or put an ipod list together from all your favourite artists, you want songs that you know quite well.