Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BLOOD PRESSURE

Hi i just need a bit of advice i went to midwifes today and she said my blood pressure is high it is 130/70 but when i looked at other posts on here mine doesnt seem that high so do you think its nothing to worry about.im 37+6 weeks and worried xxxx

Replies

• I certainly think its nothing to worry about...mines been at its highest 152/100! Its the bottom number they pay more attention with and only class it as high if its over 90?? xx
  • i agree with sazzyjay that its nothing to worry about. I had high blood pressure in the last few weeks and it was always above 90 on the bottom number. The highest mine went to was 159/121 and thats when they admitted me to hospital.
  • Im a nurse and unless the bottom figure is 90 or over they wouldnt count it as high. I would ask your midwife if she has made a mistake as your bloodpressure is good for 37 weeks. I have just gotten back from mine and its away up to 160/100. I have to watch it again but if i were you i wouldnt worry as yours is fine. xxx
  • sorry made a mistake mine went up to 180/121 as my partner just told after reading the posts, (ive still got bad memory and cant remember alot of things)