Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

false labour

hyas girlies!!!!
last nite at around 9pm i startded to get bh but by half 10pm they wer 10 mins apart
at around half 12 the were down to 6 mns apart den by 2am they were down to
4. . .wich is wen we decided to go to the hospital. . .

got to the hospital stil getting bad lower bak pain belly was getin hard afterr every bh
and they were lasting longer and gating worse
we were broght to the labour ward they checked my cervix and siad absoululty nothing to me
they started to monitor the babys heartbeat everythng was normal
then a different mw came in and checked my cervix and sarted to nod at te frst midwife
so den a different mw came in to explain
she siad yor baby is down and ready the conractins arent dialating you coulld be in
slow labour or this is false labour!!!!
they kept me in to monitor me oh was told to go home (i was very upset)
at bou 6am i coudnt lie down anymor the nurse came in and asked me did i want to go to the shower or walk around i went 4 a walk then at 8am was checked again and still no dialaton
they agreed it was false labour and that i could go home and and she told me b4 i was leaving that could get back pain from now until im due!!!
so my lo is still not here but she is already playing games

has this eva happened to any1 and if it has how long was it till u went into abour
thans 4 listening!!!!!!!!

[Modified by: carina18 on 21 November 2008 17:43:15 ]

Replies

• Hiya, Hows things feeling now?
    I'm gatecrashing from toddler hope you don't mind!!
    YES it happened to me with my first and like you went to hospital etc only to be told I wasn't in labour and to go home as I was only 37weeks exactly......................I gave birth to my son 6 hrs later!!!!!!!!! The midwife that sent me home was very suprised to say the least when she came on shift saw me the next day bathing him!!!!!!!!
    Don't worry things will progress when they want to, If you are atall worried just march right back to the hospital or give your midwife a ring and ask for another check, they can't say no they have to check when you feel you need to be. How do they know what your body is feeling/telling you???
    I must admit I was very disheartend when they did it to me so much so that I went on and had two home births because I refused to go into hospital again!!!!(thats just me though....hot headed lol)
    As I said if you feel the need to be checked/monitored just go.
    Good luck babe
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx