Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Head Not engaged

Hi all
i have 3 days to go and my babys head isnt engaged but today i had a streach and sweep and a show does this mean my baby is well on her way or will i have to keep my induction appt. for the 2 of july??? im getting real stressed out coz it feels like she is never gonna come:\?:\(

Replies

• hi. sometimes babies head doesn't engage til labour starts or when your waters break. most first time mums do go over their dates and may need inducing.but the stretch and sweep might just do the trick for you!!!good luck to you.xxxx
  • Thanks as i am only 16 and this is by far my first i kind of dont know what to expect
  • Hi, I am 5 days overdue and at my hospital, they won't give u a stretch and sweep with your first baby until you are 7 days over....did u ask for one or were u offered? I hope I get one soon!! x
  • Hi Jade, I'm seeing my consultant on wednesdy and hopefully he'll do a sweep then. At my hospital they won't let u go more than ten days overdue, so at least I know something will happen this weekend if not before! x
  • Hi, I am 5 days overdue and at my hospital, they won't give u a stretch and sweep with your first baby until you are 7 days over....did u ask for one or were u offered? I hope I get one soon!! x
    I live in australia and was offered one after asking what i can do to help her on her way
  • Really? I wish it was like that here! Which part of Australia are you from? I'd love to visit Australia one day, my brother is going for a month over Christmas and I'm sooo jealous!!!
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm in the same position as you, but i'm still 38+3 weeks and my MW is sending me tomorrow/today for a presentation scan, as head is not engaged, baby is constantly moving, and she fears my pelvis is not big enough as i'm 1.46cm tall and wear size 3 shoes. She said i might need CS.Has that happened to anyone? She didn't mention anything about sweep or induction:\?:\?:\?
  • Hi gomorrah, my baby's head didn't engage before labour and only got 2/5 in labour, after 18 hours of labour, including a drip to strengten contractions, I was given a c-section as he wasn't moving down. It sounds bad but wasn't actually that bad, I had an epidural anyway and was just relieved to get him out (baby was 10lb 14 oz) . They said I will need a c-section next time as pelvis is small, however, dont worry too much about shoe size related to pelvis - I am ize 6!!!
  • Hi Guys
    After 63 hours of labour an epidural, Pethadine and gas Mahalia Louise Espie entered the world at 05:30am Australian time on the 29/06/07 wieghing 5pound 7ounces and 47cm in length it is now 18:32pm australian time and its the 30th and bubs and i are home

i would like to thank everyone for their advice and i wish all you preggy people the best image
  • Congratulations! That's great news x
  • Really? I wish it was like that here! Which part of Australia are you from? I'd love to visit Australia one day, my brother is going for a month over Christmas and I'm sooo jealous!!!

Im from South Australia its great but i recomment visitng queensland and going scubba divin on the great barrier reef
  • Congratulations on the arrival of your baby girl, i like her name, very different! enjoy her and your new life as a mummy Em & Noah xx