Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Home water birth

hi ladies, i am 31 weeks and planning on having a home water birth. Was just wondering if anyone can give me any advice and also companies to hire a birth pool through, my midwife has said i need one which controls the water temperature so that it remains constant. Any help and advice would be great. thank you x

Replies

• Options
    hi lisa have a look on google under birthing pools. and on ebay they are cheaper there but you would need to email and ask about heating as it doesn't say
    fea x
  • Options
    hi Lisa1611,

A really cool website for these is: "birth pool in a box"
    They start from around ??70- My midwife highly recommended them to me. As it works out so much cheaper than to hire, which was around the ??300- ??400 mark. Plus if you buy another liner you instantly have a pool to take baby into afterwards which I think is a wicked idea to tell little one they were born in it!!
    I certainly am buying mine from them after doing so much research on the subject.... Good luck
    sarah xx
  • Options
    Hi, I hired mine from splashdown, but we had to fiddle a bit to keep the temp constant. A friend hired one from 'born in water' and it was self heated and ready at all times. Make sure you have a practice run with other half to relax and practice some labour positions. My lo was born into the water at home and we were planning to refill it and get in with her, but to be honest I just wanted to see the back of it for some reason. Good luck! x x