Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Speedy Deliveries

Hi
I was induced due to pre-eclampsia with my first baby and he took 4 1/2 hours of hell to be born, My second baby was 9 days overdue but came along by herself after a mind boggling and increasingly painful 28 hours. My third however took us by surprise I had my first contraction at around 3am by 5:30am they were regular and getting stronger but not really painful but we decided to get ready to go the hospital as it was a 30min journey but all of a sudden I had 2 mega painful contractions and I could feel her coming. Gary called the hospital they sent an ambulance and a midwife but Chloe arrived first and was delivered by her dad. Has this happened to any one else?
From Sarah

Replies

• "Giving birth is crazy"

You've summed it up there i think!!

I would have thought that we could have evolved a better way by now!

I got twinges on the Wednesday morning and heavy bleeding, called the midwife office they told me to go to the hospital, so called oh out of work, got there was examined told it was a heavy show and packed off home. By 11pm I was in agony and contractions were 5mins apart so back to hospital. Got there and everything stayed at that level and at the same dilation until 11am, oh was sent home and I was put on a ward with sleeping pills! (the worst night of my life it was so lonely and scary as first time) it then took until 9.30pm that night for her to be born by c sect as she turned in canal and was back to back and stuck.
    I think that i was in shock by it all for ages (daughter is 17 wks and gorgeous) and although bonded well, it has kinda put me off having any more, oh on the other hand can't wait to have more!!!

I think that it was that first night at the hospital that has stayed with me, the rest of the stay was ok with the other mums and babies and the streams of visitors at controlled times!
  • Hi! I had my daughter in 32 minutes! Well a whole 46 if you count placenta! Had to go to hospital at first signs of labour as i had tested positive for group B Strep and needed antibiotics. Just me and hubby in delivery room when I first needed to push so i sent him to get the midwife and on their return i had already delivered the head standing up, the midwife grabbed her head and 2 more pushes and she was born. Needless to say I didn't get the antibiotics so she had to have them. This was baby no. 2. So we have been advised for number 3 just to have a home birth.
  • Have you all got this months issue of the mag,the fastest deliver, british mum palak vyas gave birth within just 120secods after her waters broke.(but was she already in labour for several grueling hrs)suppose we never no huh!

Mine was long but no as painful as i thought it would be,but this could be due to gas&air and pethadine,hehe

Emma xx
  • hi all
    i had maisy in about 6 hours because she had to be delivered with vacum as her heart stopped but all was good no problems. (apart form being stitched up)

Rachelxx