Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

sections?

hya i have posted this before in section with not much advise!
has any one in here had more than 3 sections?
i have 3 beautiful daughters all born by sections, my consultant has said i was a good candidate for a 4th as i have minimal internal scarring, but im struggling finding other advise, im worried im being self in wanting another baby, as i have 3 angles who need me and what if something was to go wrong, my secion recoveries have all gone well 3rd being the best! but should i stop while im ahead, i have 3 healthy children and im healthy do i risk a 4th? but i ache for another i love my children more than anything but i feel i will feel complete if i have a 4th child, silly i know but i hope you ladies understand, i know my situation must be rare as i can hardly find anyone with any advise, please ope you ladies can help or give me opinions on what you would do in this situation????
xx sam xx

Replies

• Options
    hi, sorry I have only had one. I do think tho that 4 is the max so long as everything is OK? Yes, sections have a risk but i suppose you could say childbirth in general does.

I hope you get some answers but as far as I am aware a 4th should be fine!

good luck

d xx
  • Options
    my friend has not long had her 4th section but she has been told she absolutely cannot have another one, her womb was that thin when they cut through her skin they could see the baby swimming around, which isn't supposed to be possible xxxx
  • Options
    This seems to vary from surgeon to surgeon. I am from Canada (I live in the uk now), and I have a close friend there who has had seven c-sections, and is currently pregnant with what ill be her 11th baby, and 8th section. She has not had any complications, but each time she checked in with her ob-gyn first and he has always given he the all clear. I think they get concerned after 3 but for some women they are okay with four or more. I'd certainly talk to your doctor. Good luck.

xx