Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clomid worked too well!!

Replies

• Oh no - get on the slim fast for a week and then she cant tell you off for staying the same weight!

xxx
  • Well, I've been cutting down and exercising more and I've lost a bit of the extra-I'll hopefully drop a bit by the time Monday comes!

As I mentioned in another thread, money is still preying on my mind-I know I should listen to the voice that says ttc is silly atm, but I havn't stopped. I had a funny kind-of positive opk on Monday (line as dark as control, but very thin!) and we'd bd'd night before and that night. So its poss I'm in 2ww???? Its nice having things to look forward to, even if its just af!

Hope everyone is doing ok?
  • Fingers crossed for you windy. I never really got my head around OPK - i need it spelling out for me - will they be able to tell you at your appointment whether you've ovulated?

Well I'm 7dpo amd really felt like af was going to tun up yesterday, and i'm getting dull aches today so dont know whats going on. I'll be interested to see how long my LP is this month.

xxx
  • Hi all,

Well, despite work being pretty pants this week (I've taken on some extra shifts at another job, but despite being ok with it, my original boss is having a paddy!) I am actually feeling quite positive today. I think its our appt looming on Monday, along with the teeny, tiny possibility that I could have ovulated and MIGHT be in the 2ww.

Mrs Ad-I don't think they will tell me if I ovulated at the appt, I'm not sure they could at this point anyway. It took me a while, and lots of reading up on hormones to work out OPK's too. What is harder to comprehend, is how pcos affects your blood glucose/weight control-I read it, understand it, then try to remember what it means and its all gone! PS, I keep meaning to ask, is that your dog in the profile pic?! Looks a bit like mine (if I were to put mine in a Yoda costume!)

I hope the clomid gang (although I'm not officially a clomid, yet!) are all doing well too.

Windy x
  • Hi, Not been on for a while. I have just finished taking my clomid (days2-6) and I am now CD7. Got my first scan on Wed (CD10) so will see if anything has started.

Only on 50mg. Had no symptoms except a tiny (and I mean tiny) bit more emotional. Not sure if no side affects is good or not. Does it mean it is not working.

WM: keep going with the weight loss. I have gone back to ww after christmas and it was not good.

Munchie: I have a cbfm but it didnt help at all. USed if for 6 cycles.

Hope you are all ok.

Does anyone know what size my follicle should be at my scan?

Thanks

• Good luck for your scan, Mrshopeful-sorry, I don't know about follicle sizes???

As some of you might have noticed from my other post, I have not been started on Clomid due to my BMI being over 30. Its such a kick in the teeth after building myself up for the last 2 months. I just wish I had seen this Dr last time and not the one who didn't talk very much and I couldn't understand much when he did!

Dr has said she will recommend some treatment for weightloss, which should help. Part of me wants to just sod it all and never go back there, I felt so distraught by the whole situation.

Hope you guys are doing better-any sneaky early HPT's done??!!

xxx
  • Hi Ladies,

MrsHopeful - hope your looking forward to your scan tomorrow, hopefully your follies will be brewing away nicely. I think a good size for the follicles should be around 18mm but at cd10 dont be too worried if they are still on the smaller side.

WM - So sorry your dr's appointment didnt go as you expected it to. At least she is doing something pro-active and getting you on the medication to lose weight, you never know if you get your BMI down then your cycles may return to a normal 'ish' length natrually. Once again I'm so sorry and know how disheartening this must be for you.

I was nughty and did a HPT on Sunday, was only 10dpo but had been feeling very sicky and my boobs were agony so thought if there was enough hormone to cause these symptoms then it should show a BFP if there was one, anyway it never did so I'm now waiting for af. If my LP is the same as it has been in the past I should start spotting this evening and would expect full flow by the morning, but I know that clomid can lengthen this phase so may hold out for Thursday when I will be 14 dpo if still no AF I will test but 99% certain I'm not pg.

xxxx
  • mrs ad

oh i got so excited seeing the title of your post! I think you're right though it must be so tempting to BD anyway and i commend you for your strength in not doing. It would be devastating to have quads really as the complications would make it almost impossible. You don't need that kind of stress and heartache. Just one (or two image ) lovely bouncing babies. Can't wait to hear your good news and glad your body is responding xx
  • Thanks Alfie - sorry I got you over excited hun, hopefully I'll be announcing my BFP very soon.

xxx
  • Hi went to my first hospital appointment yesterday and got prescribed clomid straight away so will be taking my first lot next month!

i'm worried about the ultra sound and they said that they would put me down on the waiting list for a laporoscymy next month so worried about that to

Am really glad that i have found some people who are going through the same thing

xx
  • Hi Bourbon,

Welcome to our little gang - please do not be worried about the ultrasound at all - I hate smears and its nothing in comparison to that. I've not had a laporoscomy (sp?) so dont know anything about that, but if you wanna chat I'm always around.

I'm now on 14DPO - so wil be testing in the morning if AF not here, been thinking she was coming for the last couple of days but nothing as yet.

xxx
  • Hi

Hope you dont mind me joining in, i was hoping for some advice.

I'm on my second cycle of clomid, taking 50mg day 3-7, i was in bed ill all day on Tuesday and forgot to take my last tablet, i didn't take it until the next day. Now I dont know if Ive messed this whole cycle up. :?
  • I did it girls I got my BFP!!! Eeeek I 'm so excited but very scared.

LM - Not sure hun, I would ring your clinic.

xxx
  • Congratulations Mrs Ad. Enjoy a happy and healthy 9 months image Its nice to know there still chance of a happy ending for all of us xxx
  • congrats to you hun, sooooo happy for you. You really deserve it xxxxx
  • Thank you ladies - Im over the moon!!

xxxx
  • Woo hoo!!!!

Oh i'm so pleased for you!!!

Never under estimate the power of clomid! xxx
  • Congratulations Mrs AD - hopefully there's no more than two in there!! Have you had many sypmtoms? x
  • FANTASTIC NEWS!!! WOOO HOOOO! :lol:
  • Hi, thought I would just update my clomid journey this month as I haven't been on here in a week or so.

On CD 13 today. Had first mid cycle scan on CD10 and i Had 3 eggs ripening at 10mm each. (nurse said anything over 10mm means they are active) and their hospital recommends anymore that 2 and they suggest we abstain.

Anyway CD12(friday) was my second scan and I have two eggs ripening both about 14mm. Going back on monday for another scan and hoping I will have ovulated by then. Nurse said I might over weekend.

The one thing which is worrying me slightly is that she said my lining is a little thin but she is not overly worried. Is there anything I can do to thicken the lining? Any foods for example.

Hi bourbon1981: thing is my first clomid cycle. I feel a lot more positive with it. Even though I dont know if it will work!

Mrs AD: congratulations. That is fantastic news can I ask what clomid cycle you were on?

xxxxx