Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Clomid worked too well!!

Replies

• Options
    Yippee! Mrs Ad! So happy for you! More info, though, we need more!! xxx
  • Options
    Just wanted to add my congratulations Mrs Ad!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies,

It is well and truly sinking in, but thats more down to feeling very sick (not been sick yet tho) and wanting to sleep all the time.

This was my first clomid cycle and I had 5 mature follies, we had bd'd the night before the scan and had the scan on cd13. We were told to abstain due to the number of follies which we did but told them about the night before and that's obviously what did it.

I tested at 10dpo and got BFN ten convinced myself af was coming had those dull af pains (still having them at night time) then woke up on 15dpo and was sure the witch was here but no sign and felt sick so tested - thats when I got my BFP on a cbd and it said PREGNANT 2-3 so me and hubby are over the moon, but feeling very cautious about how many are in there! :lol:

I'm calling the clinic today so will find out what they do.

Will keep you all updated.

Good luck to everyone else - and MrsHopeful - fc'd you have ov'd over the weekend.

xxx
  • Options
    Eeeeek I have been following your story.....so pleased for you that you got your BFP.....when will they scan you.....

Excited that we might have the first BE quins hehe

Well done xxx
  • Options
    Thanks ladyk.

Really hoping its not quins. image

xxx
  • Options
    Hi ladies,

Wondering if I can join you? I have been ttc for 9 months and cycles ranging from 16days to 57days and only a few of those did i ovulate. Luckily my GP is great and is sending me for a scan in a couple of weeks to check for PCOS and she is then thinking of referring me for clomid. It's really good to hear of others having clomid and even better to hear success stories. Mrs Ad, we've met before on ttc and i love love your story. Congrats again hun.

Anyway, thats me and look forward to getting to know you all a bit better.

L x
  • Options
    Hi Wispa hun - thats great news - hopefully you will get given clomid very soon! Having a good GP can make all the difference.

I've got my scan a week today - so this time next week I will know how many clomid babies i've got - exciting but very scary!!

xxx
  • Options
    Congrats to you, keep us posted on the scan results xx
  • Options
    Yay yay yay! Just saw this! I am thrilled for you, have been waiting for this news! So hope all goes well and we shall be seeing you over in pregnancy. How exciting! Well done MrsAD.
  • Options
    Good luck for tomorrow MrsAd I have been thinking of you! what time is appointment?
  • Options
    Hi can i join too please?

Firstly congratulations on your BFP MrsAd and good luck for your scan 2mro.

I had clomid a couple of years ago and got BFP on month 2 but didnt work out and had a MC. I am now taking it again and am currently on month 2 and af DUE ON 13th Feb.

Just wanted some advice as I have noticed alot of you have been saying you have had scans to check on your follicles etc but I have not been offered any scans. I was given a 3 month supply of clomid at my last clinic appt and told to rebook another appt for after all 3 months would be finished. I was also told to have day 21 bloods but the results of these will not be reviwed until I go back for my follow up if the clomid hasn't worked?? Surely I should be being scanned also? I didnt think anything of it until I read some of your posts saying that the scans had showed more than the recommended amount and had been advised not to BD as it was dangerous!!

Am I just worrying unneccesarily?
  • Options
    Sweetie,

It seems that some NHS Trusts offer scanning and some don't, it just depends on where you are. I suppose it is reasonably rare that multiple follicles are fertilised. So some decide to save the money and take the risk?

I don't think my fertility clinic offer scans either, but not sure, as I'm waiting to go on clomid.

xx
  • Options
    Hi windy thanks for that. Im sure iv heard this too about it depending on where you live.

The thing is even though my last PG ended in MC when I had an early scan I was told that there were 2 babies in there as a result of the clomid so I think thats why im getting a little more anxious about it.

Where abouts are you in your cycle?
  • Options
    Morning!

Hi sweetie, sorry to hear of your loss. Fingers crossed this round of clomid works for you. I didn't know only some areas scan when prescribed clomid, I've got a lot to learn. I'm going for my initial scan to investigate on Wednesday, I'm a little nervous but a little excited as well, hoping that I'll get some answers.

• Options
    Hi just a little update - had my scan and I'm having twins - so thrilled and saw both heartbeats - going to be a long wait till the 12 week mark tho.

xxxx
  • Options
    Oh congratulations, MrsAd, that's fab news! Twins!!! x x x
  • Options
    congratulations, twins will be fab xx
  • Options
    Oooohh!! Mrs Ad, thats fab! I would love twins-hard work, but still wonderful! Gad everything is going well for you xx

Sweetie, perhaps you could enquire about follicle tracking, if you tell them about your concerns-anything that relieves stress at that point has got to be a good thing. I havn,t had af since end Nov, so no idea about my cycles, but I have just had a definite +ve on OPK (I poas obsessively!)which I havn't had in 2 years-the closest was a dark, but very thin line a few weeks ago. I had 2 days of dark lines Sat & Sun. Just bd'ing like mad and hoping for at least af in 2 weeks, if not a BFP-it would be nice just to know my body is working occasionally! I have to lose almost 2 stone before they will give me clomid. I've got another appt in May.

Hope everyone else is doing ok xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations! Twins!! That is really wonderful xxx
  • Options
    I'd say that is a sensible amount of fairy dust :lol:

Trust you keep really well up to week 12 - definitely the time to look after yourself good and proper!