Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

clomid success story!!

Well, after four years trying, one mc and a lot of tears on the way, I finally got my BFP this morning.

I'm on my second month on clomid (I was previously ovulating without clomid) and I know how reading other success stories helped keep me positive.

Hubby had initially been diagnosed with low motility and morphology but managed to boost it with selenium and zinc supplements. So, here's what we did different last month:-

1. We bd'd every other day on ovulation week. Previously we would bd every day but it just felt like too much pressure.

2. Used pre-seed. I've had the tube for ages but decided to use it every time we bd'd.

3. Took it easy!!

It's still very early days but so far, these are and have been my symptoms:-

1. Sore and fuller boobs

2. Extremely bloated

3. Slight twinges and cramps that don't last more than a few seconds

4. CM in thick creamy consistency

5. Nipples and area around it slightly darker

6. Sporadic metallic taste.

I know we are still a way to go before we are on 'safe ground' but I'm going to try and think positively but I just want to say to you all to keep on trying and don't give up hope.

Xx

Replies

• Congratulations hunny that's brilliant news x x
  • HUGE congratulations!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!

Clomid is a wonder drug. My cousin on it fell month after IVF failed and she was told she'd never conceive on her own and I fell on my 2nd month of it too!

Congratulations again! xxx
  • Thank you so much. It still feels a bit surreal.

Hubby made me laugh today when walking through the supermarket. He was grinning to himself and asked him why he had such a big smirk on his face. His response? He said 'I feel so proud of my sperm'. It actually made me laugh out loud!! :lol:
  • Congratulations! So happy for you, and excitied for me-just can't wait to start clomid now! But at the same time, I don't want to get my hopes up too much! xx
  • Oh, and MP, glad you're doing well too!
  • Congratulations - so lovely to hear a success. Here's for a truly sticky bean. image