Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hello ladies i want ask u?

does any of u have fibroids in womb or someone u know?

and what treatment did had?

Replies

• Not to my knowledge honey, xo
  • I have an aqaintance (sp??) with fibroids. She had one healthy pregnancy in her late 30's and unfortunately a number of m/c's. I'm not sure if she had any treatment. I didn't think so. Not much help, sorry xx
  • hi

i have a fibroid but i think if you need treatment depends on the size, location etc of the fibroid and if you want to have a pregnancy or not.

mine is just under 3 cm and doesnt need any treatment.

• Hello,

A few years ago my sister had a fibroid which was the size of a grapefruit so caused her to have very, very heavy periods. Because of the size and her major symptoms, she was lucky enough to have a "new" keyhole procedure where special plastic beads were injected into the blood vessels feeding the fibroid to cut off the blood supply. It was a success and the last time she was scanned, it was at less than 40% the original size and her periods are no longer so heavy. That said, she has not tried for children yet as she's not ready but she has a friend who conceived two children naturally with four small fibroids in her womb.

All the best.