Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

thickening my lining

HI,

I have asked this question on another thread too.

Just wondered if there was anything I could do to help with the thickening. Is any food useful? I am on clomid and although my folicles are where they should be the nurse said my lining was a little thin, but that she was not overly concerned. Got another scan on monday.

Just wanted to give myself every chance.

Thank you

Replies

• Hi, sorry I can't help, but I'd be keen to know too. My AFs are very light and short(last a day and a half, maybe two days), and I suspect this might be a cause of my infertility. I'm going to raise it with my consultant when I go back in March. GL xx
  • Im also unsure of this, but im going to have a look and see if i can find anything out...

I also have very light/short AF's and im now wondering if this may not be helping me in conceiving...

hmmmm....

xx
  • Zita West - the fertility Guru has these words for advice for thin linings

daily supplement of VitE

daily supplement of Vit B1

stuff rich in iron pumpkin seeds and almonds

nuts, spinach, seeds, kelp, garlic, kidney beans, milk, brown rice and oatmeal

bioflavanoids, such as citrus fruits, broccoli, grapes and tomatoes

L arginine and amino acid have been shown to increase womb lining

acupuncture

keep lower abdomen warm with the use of hot water bottle, stop after OV...

Im going to follow some of these things myself.... Ive never really thought about it before, but this may be the reason for my short AF's....

• Hi, Thanks for your replies. I am going to ask the nurse tomorrow at my third midcycle scan!

Will let you know if she gives me any info!

• Hello Mrs Hopeful

I am in the midst of having my second cycle of FET and my lining is also causing me issues. I also have very light and short AFs. Last time it would not get thicker than about 6 - 7mm and this meant we could not go ahead last time. Any tips would be good, am trying to eat healthily and have lots of protein and iron x
  • That would be great MrsH... image

Ive always thought i was lucky having short AF but this me be more serious than i thought...

xx
  • i'm crashing here but i wanted to give you girlies a little light at the end of the tunnel! i always have had 2-3 day af, not too heavy and although it took 9 months, i concieved naturally, so it does happen, good luck xx
  • Mrs H

How did your scan go today?? x
  • HI,

I have two good folicles. One at 18mm and one at 14mm. I have not ov yet and just done an ov stick and nothing yet. My lining is 6mm but nurse said she would have prefered it to be 7/8mm She said not really anything I can do about it although as I have not yet ov there is still time for it to thicken.

she did say that if my lining was still on the thin side on wed (4th mid cycle scan) then she would put a note in my file for doc to see to see if they suggest changing my medication from clomid to something that would not affect my lining.Not sure what that would be.......

Its a dreadful waiting game.

Watched 'Great Sperm Race' on internet again last night. Its really good. would recommend it.

How is everyone else doing?